I’ve seen a bunch and had some big ups and some big downs. I haven’t been the most successful, but I’ve enjoyed my career and perhaps gained a little wisdom along the way. Certainly I like to think that I’ve made enough mistakes to at least sometimes know what not to do. Here are some common mistakes I’ve seen Founders and startups make.
1. Reading shit like this instead of talking to customers
2. Dreamers in bed with technology but not in love with their customers
3. Not focusing on picking up customers and making them happy and repeating
4. Seeking too much investment too early (instead of customers)
5. Founders that know everything / are in love with an idea
6. Founders that don’t have convictions
7. Technical Debt & Long to do lists
9. Working too hard / Playing too hard
10. Not delegating/over delegating
Alex Miller is an Entrepreneur in Residence with Accelerating Asia, he works closely with our startups on product, storytelling and growth. Find out more about our flagship program and join Amplify.
Accelerating Asia invests in startups with scalable technology solutions and revenue generating business models that combine purpose with profit.
In making an investment decision, investors must rely on their own examination of startups and the terms of the investment including the merits and risks involved. Prospective investors should not construe this content as legal, tax, investment, financial or accounting advice.